It’s been over six months since the last Skipedia count on how the French Ski Resorts were doing on Facebook, so now the season is underway, a recap is certainly overdue. Here’s the scores on the doors in December 2011:
The Top 10 French Ski Resorts on Facebook
1. Megeve – 43529 fans (1)
2. Les Portes du Soleil – 37087 (NE*)
3. Val Thorens – 21717 (2)
4. Chamonix – 20236 (3)
5. Tignes – 18805 (4)
6. Les Arcs – 14795 (5)
7. La Plagne – 9639 (7)
8. Les Trois Vallees – 8988 (NE*)
9. Serre Chevalier – 8192 (8)
10. Les Menuires – 7967 (NE)
- 87% have a link to their Facebook page from their website’s home page
- Only 61% of French resorts have set up a personalised Facebook URL
- Montgenevre is the only resort to have selected ‘Ski Resort’ for the Type of Business field
- Isola 2000 is the only major French resort not to have a Facebook page (as far as we can see…)
We missed both the Les Portes du Soleil and Les Trois Vallees pages last time, looking only at the individual resort pages rather than the region as a whole.
Both Courchevel (15th) and Val d’Isere (14th) drop out of the top 10 , with Montgenevre, Les Menuires and Avoriaz 1800 sneaking ahead of them.
Official pages only
Please note that these are the ‘Official’ Facebook pages – as referred to from the official resort websites. In many cases there are more popular Facebook pages for each resort, but they are (as far as we can tell) independent of the resort. We looked at the 31 top resorts in France when compiling this list.
By Iain Martin