We came across these two very interesting infographics this week, showing the phenonomal growth of tablet use across the world.
Globally 67 million tablets were sold worldwide in 2011, up from 18.6 million a year. Sales of tablets will overtake sales of traditional desktops and laptops during this decade.
- 10% of Britons already own a tablet
- By 2014 over a third of US Internet users will be using tablets
- Tablet ownership grew 100% in France in the last year
- Tablets are used more than PCs to surf the net in the evenings
- Apple iPad predicted to retain more than 50% share of tablet market
Tablet sales are rising sharply and will overtake PCs
1/3 of US Internet users will have a tablet by 2014
French tablet ownership grew 100% in the last year
Tablets are used more than PCs to surf the net in the evenings