According to a new SIGB survey, UK snowsports retailers have seen an upturn in business in the lead in to Christmas.
The survey was conducted in December, with the results coming from 41 responses. of which 17 of those were retailers. Although this is a relatively limited sample the results are positive to read.
- 65% said that business was up, compared to 39% a year ago
- 58% said total revenues had increased (up from 39%)
- 65% said sales of ski boots are up on this time last year
- 41% said sales of skis were up (up from 7%)
- 53% said sales of outerwear were up (29% last year)
There is clearly more optimism than this time last year with more than 76% of retailers feeling either ‘very optimistic’ or ‘optimistic’ about the forthcoming two months and not a single respondent being pessimistic.
You can read the full survey results here.
By Iain Martin